Monday 29 March 2010

Initial ideas for review - Abi Black

I have drawn out some initial ideas for the design layout of the review after researching into the magazine. My review layouts are based on if we only have one page and so it would not be a double paged spread. I have chosen to really focus on the design side of things seeing as when reviewing the magazine it focuses on the pictures as they are large images and the layout used. This takes up the majority of the magazine. In my designs I have kept the structure simple, sticking to the one picture and reasonably small copy space however in some I have changed where the title is placed having it coming down the side just to add some variety to it. When thinking about the image we are actually going to use for this I do not want to use the same picture that we would put of the poster, and instead maybe an interesting still from the film. The image which I think would look quite effective is the one of Milo bouncing on the trampoline, as this pictures his isolation and I think is a powerful shot in the film. Another idea for an image we could use is the one which I think manages to sum the whole film up of Milo in the foreground of the image, with his parents out of focus arguing in the background. This again would be a dominant and iconic image from the film and would clearly set the genre for the film.
Another noticeable thing about the reviews in the magazine is that at the end of each one there is rating system out of 5, from the categories of anticipation, enjoyment and in retrospect, so we would have to include this in our review to make it look the most like it would actually appear in the magazine.

(Need to scan them in)

0 comments: