Tuesday 9 February 2010

Final Monologue - Alex Lloyd, Jack Storer, Caroline Robertson and Abi Black

Shot 15 "I’ve asked mum why they argue, but she just gets upset.
Shot 16/17 (carries through, stops and silent through Shot 18) It starts off as pointless little arguments and just builds up… builds up until one of them snaps, dad. I’ve seen him hit her before. He hits her nearly everyday.
Shot 19/20 I went to play at Sams house the other day, I’d never been to someone elses house before. There was no shouting there, it was strange. Sams mum must be well behaved. ……It didn’t feel like my home. It wasn’t dirty.
Shot 21- silent
Shot 22/23 – We played “Crack the Egg” on his trampoline. It doesn’t work on my own.
Shot 24 – silent
Shot 25 – None of the games we played were as fun at home on my own
Shot 26- silent
Shot 27/28- We had to take our shoes off at the door. Sam is my only friend. I have to play on my own most of the time ‘coz mum doesn’t like people coming over, but Dad’s friends are always round."
Shot 29 – It’s not fair.
Shot 30 – silent
Shot31- They just sit their drinking smoking playing cards and drinking more.

Shot 32 ( 3 seconds in) – 33-
I hate the sound of them laughing…
Shot 33-35 I think mum does too… me and mum sit on her bed but she doesn’t say much we just sit there, I like being close to her when dads not around, I think she knows how I feel. Hiding…that’s what we do when Dad has his friends around, we hide….
Shot 36- ( starting straight away)- He doesn’t like us to be seen….I have to do a lot of hiding, sometimes its fun. I have a tree, I climb all the way to the top and watch the sun go down, I have to race against it getting home before its dark. The tree is just one of my hiding places I’ve found, I go out finding a lot. Mum says not to get into trouble but to be honest I think I’d find more at home.
Shot 37- I hate it, why cant mum and dad be more like Sams? They don’t argue and love each other. Mum tells me she loves dad, but I don’t believe her.
Shot 38- silence
Shot 39- I wouldn’t love someone if they hit me all the time, but dad never hits me. Just mum. Actually no, She would leave if she didn’t love him I guess.
Shot 40 – 41- Love sounds like a funny thing to me. I love football, I like a girl in my class, but not like I love football. I support the Blues, Sam does too. I’ve asked dad to take me to see them play one day, but mum says it could be a long wait.
Shot 42-45- (38 second shot)
Maybe he’ll take me for my birthday. Maybe he’d even let Sam come too! And then we could go to McDonalds! I’d get a massive cheeseburger, and loads of chips and a Mcflurry ice cream, and a chocolate milkshake( or maybe a coke) , and Sam could get a Big Mac with extra cheese and ketchup ( that’s his favourite) and in my Happy Meal I’d get a free toy.

Shot 46-48
Then we’d go bowling, and on the way home Dad would tell me he had a great time, I planned that birthday for weeks, but we never went. And dad never told me he had a great time. But that’s in the past, It’s just me and mum now. Turns out she didn’t love him, not enough to stay anyway.

2 comments:

Andy Hampson said...

this looks good. Have you put it on your animatic? Does it work? Have you planned to film over half term? It would be good to see some rushes after half term.

Andy Hampson said...

Have you shot anything over half term? If so get some rushes uploaded stills anything you have to show progression. Dont forget to keep on blogging. Any more thoughts on the poster?