Sunday 21 February 2010

Review of London to Brighton - Abi Black

After researching poster ideas and coming across London to Brighton I have since watched the film. My initial thoughts to the film were it packed a punch, in terms of emotionally. We follow the story of a young girl who is accompanied by a prostitute, however we do not get the stereotypical view of what a prostitute would behave like, we infact get a much more nurturing and sensitive view and in a sense more close to life. Watching this film and seeing things through the eyes of this young girl is useful to us with our film, as our main character is focused on a boy of 10. The girl in this film has grown up in a life of abuse and has run away to live on the streets, relevant to our character who has been neglected by his alcoholic father.
I think the most important thing that I learned from watching this film was the emotional attachment I got for the girl, and also had a lot of empathy for the prostitute. I would like to bring this across in our work so the audience has an immediate attachment with our character.

0 comments: