Friday 22 January 2010

Lessons learnt from foundation portfolio - Abi Black

Looking back at the foundation portfolio I think that I learnt a lot throughout. One thing which I found had great importance was the use of continuity editing, and when doing our social realism piece it will be important to keep this at the front of our minds so the film maintains the usual conventions of social realism.
I also think that we experimented a lot with our setting and mise en scene, painting a wall for one scene of the film. I think that doing all these small things is important as it made the film look more intense. When creating the social realism piece I think this is a key point to focus on, as although it is an "everyday" scene we will have to think carefully about what is included in the shot and what's not.
Another element which I think worked well with the foundation portfolio was that we paid particular attention to the lighting which helped to give the film a dark and sincere atmosphere. We will continue to focus on this for our next production.
Problems that occurred during the foundation portfolio were mainly organisational, as getting a group of people all together at once proved to be quite difficult, and so that is something to improve on this time round.

0 comments: